We have an immediate opening for an “Software Engineer” role for a 12 months contract assignment in Chicago, IL.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Client is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on several exciting projects that will have a very positive impact the business.
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently. In this role you will:
- Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high-quality design and development practices
- Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
- Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience Java or Java Script
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy, JAX-WS, Web Services)
- Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate, JDBC, Spring Data)
- Experience with tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
- Experience working on software projects in the Healthcare regulated domain
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted