Are you a seasoned Software Engineer who is looking forward to a career with a world renowned energy company? This also involves living and working from beautiful San Luis Obispo with a team that loves teamwork, believes in a work life balance and a flexible work environment.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of desktop applications for the CygNet SCADA platform within our client’s Production Software business unit.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing software components, working with documentation and QA team members, formulating software requirements with product owners and interacting with support staff to resolve customer issues.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience building and delivering client applications for Windows, as well as a clear eye for intuitive and usable interface designs. Experience with web and/or mobile application development is a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a technical expert to apply a broad understanding of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to create software solutions.
- Work closely with QA personnel on test automation and test design.
- Work closely with the Product Managers to understand customer requirements.
- Work with Support to ensure high priority issues are diagnosed and resolved quickly.
- Participate in the development of software user manuals. Document software designs.
- Assist in training less-experienced software staff.
- May act as team leader and/or assist in the planning and coordination of projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- At least 5 years experience developing software in a professional development environment.
- Strong object-oriented software development skills (C++, C#) on MS Windows.
- Test automation tools and techniques.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with process automation systems such as SCADA is a plus.
If all of this sounds appealing to you, we would love to chat with you more!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.