Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer (Python Porting) on a 6 months long assignment extension beyond, in Cambridge, MA, USA.
The primary objective of the contract is to enable a python 3 transition by users of our proprietary framework for controlling processes on the Linux servers.
* Review, modify and test code for compatibility with python 3
* Produce patches for plugin modules
* Track and coordinate acceptance of patches by module owners
* Implement bug fixes and enhancements to python process management framework
* Implement additional fixes and features to other python code as time allows
Top Skills Needed for the role:
Skill 1 – Ability to review and modify code for compatibility with python 3
Skill 2 – 3+ Years of Python software development experience
Skill 3 – 3+ years’ experience working in a Linux environment
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.