Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Solution Architect – Senior to support the team.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Solution Integration Architect (“SIA”) for the Data Centre Extension project, the cloud Solution Architect (“SA”) translates business objectives and strategy into an enterprise cloud solution architecture. This role is pivotal in delivering an Azure cloud architecture that best fits future business needs, modern security and risk management strategies. The cloud SA has a wide breadth of knowledge on how various cloud and on-premise infrastructure components work together to deliver desired functionality. The Solution Architect analyzes organizational and project specific infrastructure needs to determine the most appropriate mix of technical solutions. This foundational expansion will be responsible for setting new architectural practices and standards, expected to be leveraged and expanded on for years to come.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Working experience with Azure, specifically enterprise set-up including: Azure hierarchy models (enrollment to resource groups), cloud networking, design and implementation, working with both IaaS as well as provided managed services.
- Develop a solution architecture that accurately translates business requirements to technology and ensures the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a change.
- Create, evaluate and recommend solutions that incorporate business, technology, roadmap, cost, scalability and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with Architecture COE on the solution design to ensure it complies with enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps.
- Conduct analysis on existing infrastructure technology and our Azure cloud solution to determine how best to support the business requirements.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project/initiative.
- Lead and provide detailed solutions to automation engineers to ensure the project is completed within the required time frame.
- Provide guidance and coaching to architects from stakeholder projects on changes throughout the design process.
- Assess and articulate any impacts of the solution on existing business and technical landscape.
- Develop architectural blueprints and practices that can be referenced and adhered to by the BSD SIA and the BSD architects.
- For the Solution Architect in the Architecture CoE, participate in SWAT teams and issue resolution as required.
- Work in partnership with Strategy, COE’s and the business so as to help in defining future services, enhancement and direction.
- Support management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles.
- Work across the CPGC to understand and leverage infrastructure needs where appropriate.
- Work closely with the automation engineering team to ensure automated build activities are successfully and consistently implemented.
- Design and implement complex systems solutions across the stack.
- Translate business requirements into an overall technical solution that is robust, scalable and extensible
- Proactively anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security.
- Recognize opportunities for reuse, componentization, dependencies and interactions between components and projects and take ownership of resolving issues/conflicts.
- Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Author architectural solution documents.
- Support the determination of estimates- level of effort and cost, staffing, implementation and work breakdown structure.
- Provide technical thought, leadership and mentoring.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.