Do you picture yourself working with an innovative mining company that intends to develop a world-class Milestone potash deposit in an ecologically sustainable, economically efficient and socially responsible manner? Do you also bring extensive experience from the drilling and solution mining industry? Then we would love to discuss how you could be a great fit for your next career opportunity.
Our client is a potash mining company located in Regina of Saskatchewan, Canada. As a Solution Mining Manager for our client, you will be responsible for leading the internal solution mining team to successfully design, construct and operate the drilling and solution mining. This will entail managing consultants, engineering firms, sub-contractors, vendors and internal team to meet the project goals. This is a key role that requires the individual to have extensive drilling and potash solution mining experience.
General Accountability & Objectives:
The Solution Mining Manager will mainly be responsible, without limitations, for the following tasks:
- Responsible to lead the Drilling and Solution Mining (D&SM) for the Phase I Project, including the engineering, design, throughout the construction and installation and into operations;
- Manage the development of the final detail engineering, as well as execution plan for the construction and operation of the solution mining brine field;
- Interface with engineering firms, consultants, vendors, sub-contractors and internal teams to ensure the best design, construction, installation and operation;
- QA/QC and approve the final release of D & SM engineering deliverables;
- Deliver all requirements for project development, execution and operations in D&SM;
- Ensure all related health, safety, environment and regulatory requirements are met in D&SM;
- Prepare regular update reports and presentations to management, and participate in vendor / engineering / team and management meetings.
- Attend meetings with senior management, team, consultants, contractors and vendors as required. Travel as appropriate to meetings, vendors or conferences;
- Assist in the planning of resources to achieve project objectives on budget and schedule, including construction and operations;
- Assist in development of risk management plan including identification and evaluation of engineering/technical/construction/operation risks. Ensure implementation and follow-up of action items;
- Co-ordinate with consultants to develop SM operations manual and other related documents or reports;
- Assist with all aspect of the project including processing, to ensure best possible design and operation;
- Provide on-site leadership for the construction, commissioning, start-up, ramp-up and operation phases of the project
- Other tasks as appropriate
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- 5 years-experience in drilling and solution mining industry
- Appropriate professional engineering qualifications
- Canadian and / or North American experience is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work with multiple tasks and meet deadlines
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to have a chat with you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.