SQL Server DBA / ETL Developer
Location: Mississauga (by Airport)
The SQL Server DBA / ETL Developer at our client is responsible for developing solutions that deliver valuable results to our client’s needs. The incumbent will join the talented team of system developers in helping to drive software innovation and improve customers’ satisfaction. This dynamic role will allow the individual to tap into their analytical and leadership skills, interact with internal stakeholders and to think outside the box in developing creative solutions.
- Write source code to develop, unit test, debug, optimize and implement data migration scripts and other database code for patient support software.
- Maintain quality coding practices and standards via peer design and code reviews
- Collaborate with the team lead to evaluate and estimate projects’ scope and schedule.
- Design and develop software within requirements.
- Implement software enhancements for existing and new software systems.
- Document major processes and development milestones, both inside and outside of the code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve imminent software deficiencies.
- Perform routine SQL Server database maintenance tasks, including backups, restores, query tuning, SQL Instance setup and configuration, particularly in development and testing environments.
- Document all work using approved tools and systems.
- Stay up to date with technology trends and industry best practices.
- Research and evaluate new software technologies to benefit IT systems.
- Build collaborative relationships with the software development team and other peers.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including TSQL, SQL Agent, SQL Profiler, SSIS.
- ETL Experience
- Data Migration and Data Integration – Building Automation Scripts
- Degree or diploma in computer science or equivalent education.
- Experience 2+ years in software development.
- Demonstrates success in teamwork to deliver products effectively.
- Ability to use soft skills to collaborate in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Must demonstrate good oral, written and presentation communication skills in English.
- Passionate orientation and attention to customer satisfaction.
- Problem solver with creative thinking.
- Knowledge of Kanban / Agile methodology is a plus.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare industry is a plus.
Supervision and Communications
- Excellent internal communication and people skills are required in dealing with internal customers and partners.
- Organizational and time-management skills are necessary.