Our class leading Energy client is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Architect to join their team for a one year contract position in their downtown Calgary office.
• Provide expert security consulting within a complex, fast and ever-changing, IT environment with the goal to enable security-by-design
• Facilitate and support threat modelling exercises, architecture review and attack scenario analyses
• Support the creation of cyber security reference architecture and other security artifacts for multiple systems including IAM, cloud, system hardening, software security and continuous security monitoring
• Provide tactical and strategic direction as well as detailed remediation guidance to help projects and solution architects achieve acceptable security postures
• Ensure risk considerations are addressed at each stage of the system development life cycle (covering agile mode as well)
• Assist with improving the our cyber security practices, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology and reporting formats, as well as technical security assessment processes.
• Research cutting edge security topics and represent the team on architectural assurance committees, including the solution review board (SRB)
Skills – REQUIRED:
• 5+ years of cyber security experience with at least 3+ years’ experience developing and implementing security architecture and solutions within the software security and/or infrastructure security domain
• Minimum of 2 years of threat modelling experience and architectural risk assessment
• Hands-on, in-depth understanding of the architecture of infrastructure components, applications and related technologies (Web applications, mobile technology, identity and access management, cloud system components)
• Extensive experience assessing risks and analyzing web and infrastructure vulnerabilities
• Good understanding of software development processes, integration of security assessments into the security development life cycle (SDLC), and OWASP guidelines for application security
• Self-starter with drive and determination to succeed
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with report writing experience
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and tactfully with both business-oriented executives and technology-oriented personnel
• Strong Linux, windows and cloud security skills
• Experience with ethical hacking and intrusion prevention
• Knowledge of prevalent operational security tactics and techniques (vulnerability exploits and countermeasures, remote access trojans and related persistence techniques, social engineering, etc.)
• Interaction with multiple teams (IT architecture, Operations, application development, etc)
• Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data.
• Ability to share meaningful insights about the context of an organization’s threat environment that improve its risk management posture.
Other skills deemed necessary for team or project compatibility:
• Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Project Management
• Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings
• A completed post-secondary education with emphasis on computer science, electronics, information technology, cyber security or related discipline plus 5+ years of experience or 7+ years of combined training and working experience
• CISSP and one or more of the following security certificates will be a plus: CISSP-ISSAP, CISA, CRISC, SABSA, CSSLP, GPEN, OSCP, and Cloud Solution Architect or Security Specialty (AWS, Azure, GCP).
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.