Our Calgary based integrated oil company has an immediate need for a Senior Financial Analyst for an eleven (11) month contract.
- Budget/Forecast/LRP and variance analysis for Operating Expenses and General & Administrative Expenses
- Analysis and reporting for labour and time writing, includes sending out monthly reports to Managers. Analysis supports compliance to definitive agreements and SOX.
- Detailed power analysis; analyzing consumption and pricing to calculate monthly accruals
- Monthly property tax accruals and reviews; to ensure proper amount is being accrued and working with Property Tax/Land Analyst to determine proper amount and coding
- Work closely with Operations Analyst in Lloydminster on HSE and maintenance budgets/forecast/LRP
- Support for operations team
- Includes reporting and monthly meetings for cost overview
- Development of operational reports
- Ad hoc requests from operations
- Monthly routine and non-routine journal entries
- Monthly Blackline account reconciliations
- Publish customer invoice and export to SAP from IPS, as well as managing accounts receivables aging, following up with customers and commercial and issues with incorrect settlements.
- Manual invoice creation to bill third party
- Managing 2016 16TAN Spill incident, this includes cost monitoring, insurance claims and budget/forecast
- Assets – mid-month and month end reporting, variance analysis and budget /LRP
- Clear/settle monthly and annual intercompany balances
- Quarterly Statistics Canada surveys and Annual Operations surveys
- Participate in various special projects – for example: 2016 Solomon Study, automation of Cash Flow Statements using BPC and gathering/organizing information for annual insurance renewal to insurance brokers
- Backup for other Senior Financial Analysts:
- HMGP month end report
- Capital/Expense AFE reporting and answering questions
- Participate in the Floor Warden Program, Safety Committee as well as departments Volunteer Committee
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- 8-10+ years experience in Accounting
- Strong Operational Accounting experience
NICE to HAVE Qualifications
- Accounting Designation
- Experience in Midstream Oil&Gas
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.