Our mining client is looking for a Senior Project Materials Coordinator for their mining operations in Port Hope Ontario.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving, kitting, preservation, transport of materials, inventory, and distribution of all materials upon arrival at site.
- Coordinate between contractors and trucking companies to develop an outbound logistics schedule which will meet requirements of all key stakeholders.
- Coordination at site of materials for contractors and scheduling outbound trucks.
- Assist the contracts and procurement specialist to identify all material and equipment requirements at the procurement stage.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities for project materials on site with the site warehouse.
- Confirm project materials storage requirements on site and coordinate set up of storage prior to arrival of project material.
- Coordinate the flow of project materials and equipment via the material status report and material readiness report.
- Responsible for the notification to contractors for pick-up of all contractor materials and equipment upon arrival at site.
- Coordinate with the site warehouse for delivery to designated storage area or workface.
- Responsible for physical inspection of all client supplied parts, materials, and equipment to confirm damage (if any) and/or proper part, material, and equipment for intended use on project.
- Work with the contractor to define the date and plan that ensures all equipment and materials can leave site when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience.
- Previous experience in managing project materials, coordinating with contractors of materials and managing an outbound delivery schedule is required.
- Previous experience working in Major Projects Materials Management is required.
- Experience as a supervisor is an asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.