Our BC Public Sector client is looking for a Sr. System Administrator for their office in Downtown, Vancouver.
Under the direction of the IT Services Manager (Contract Manager), the Sr. System Administrator will be responsible for managing day to day operational system administration tasks as well as implementing enhancements to the current systems infrastructure. The Sr. System Administrator will also be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Working collaboratively with client’s Systems team, the Contractor’s services will specifically include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Maintaining current server infrastructure
- Enhancing the server infrastructure to include new technologies such as clustering, cloud and or VMware
- Improve the backup and recovery process (upgrade or enhance)
- Domain administration for the local area network (LAN)
- DNS and DHCP server configuration on the LAN
- Monitoring and improving network performance
- Security administration
- Providing project support as required
- Working with Shared Services BC on supplied services such as wide area network configuration changes to domain trusts, DNS servers, ministry firewall rules, new IP ranges and switches, e-mail Exchange server services and SharePoint server services.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of Server Administration
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft IIS
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of current hardware technologies, including provisioning of computer room servers and rack-mounted equipment
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of virtual server environments such as Microsoft Hyper-V cluster and its management tools or VMWare
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewall configuration
- Knowledge of SQL Server Administration
- Knowledge of Azure cloud infrastructure configuration
- Proven ability to provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of server infrastructure changes
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Demonstrated capability to identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics for implementation of the solution
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in accordance with
- an organization’s security policies, or even just securely
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work, document and conduct research independently
- Effective communicator (written and verbal)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.