Our market leading midstream client has an immediate need for a Supplier Quality Specialist to join their team in the Calgary Head office location. This is a contract position and is scheduled to run for twelve (12) months.
This position provides senior supply chain and technical expertise to enable reduced risk and maximum leverage for total cost of ownership by ensuring that only approved suppliers that meet technical, quality and commercial requirements are engaged to supply and work with our client. This is accomplished by actively managing supplier performance and working with internal stakeholders.
- Manage approved suppliers to ensure continued adherence to quality, supply chain, technical and commercial requirements
- Develop supplier key performance Indicators and monitor in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise (Materials, Service, Commercial, Technical and Quality) to:
- Aid business leaders in making critical business decisions regarding supplier capabilities and performance.
- Provide expertise to Project Managers, Buyers, Contract personnel and Operations in the selection of service or material providers.
- Provide commercial and quality expertise to Engineering for the development of Equipment or Design Specifications.
- Recommend and lead improvements to current supplier performance management processes;
- Development of enterprise audit plan for supplier assessments;
- Manage the Approved Supplier List which requires activities such as the onboarding of new suppliers and advising them of performance expectations, policies and procedures and the identification of material or service provider gaps.
- Manage the Supplier Management System to ensure that the system contains relevant and accurate information. Provide training to all levels of the organization on the use of the system and leads the development of enhancements to the system by obtaining user feedback and working with IT.
- Manage the Restricted Party Screening tool by ensuring all new suppliers are checked against this system and managing the associated processes for the use of the system.
- As required, conduct Quality Management Assessments on suppliers using the ISO 9001 framework.
- Provide assistance as necessary for regulatory audits.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
This position provides subject matter expertise in the selection and management of approved suppliers and any related projects to support supplier management initiatives
Contacts (Working Relationships)
This position will require a high degree of contact with external suppliers and internal stakeholders by phone, email or in person
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- University business degree (Supply Chain or related field) and 10+ years relevant experience; relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a business degree
- Lead Quality assessor/auditor certification from a recognized institution
- Demonstrable understanding of various Quality Management Systems and regulatory standards (ISO 9001, ABSA, CSA, API)
- Able to demonstrates ability to solve more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions for complex and/or sensitive issues;
- Gather required data from stakeholders and evaluate objectives and goals to create and lead project plans (depending on initiative)
- High degree of business acumen and technical aptitude;
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and organizational ability;
- High degree of proficiency and skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio);
- Broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems, project management, identifying opportunities and with a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in developing ideas and solutions to enhance business results;
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as effective presentation skills;
- Completion of a SCM related professional certification, such as SCMP, CPIM, CSCP, PMAC or ISM, is considered an asset.
- Project management designation is considered an asset
- This role is a typical office based position with significant time spent sitting or standing. Repetitive keyboarding will be required.
- Domestic or International travel may be required including travel to other Canadian and US locations (Houston, Edmonton, Calgary, Duluth)
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.