Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Sybase & SQL DBA to support the team.
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years’ work experience as a database Administrator.
- Experience with database platforms, including Sybase and SQL.
- Experience and understanding of the best practices for combining strengths of database
- Monitor, backup and recovery databases.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with project manager and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Document application system data architecture in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the data picture.
- Monitor and implement changes to the database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Create required reports in response to business user needs.
- Analyze user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.