Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a System Design Specialist to support the team.
Duration: 7 months
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Participates in System Design to develop requirements that can be practically validated and defines the methods of validation. Prepares test plans, procedures and reports to validate specified requirements. Performs tests in-plant and at project sites in accordance with these test plans and procedures. Plans and estimates Project V&V work. Prepares test automation scripts.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 year of experience in system design on software-based application.
- Good experience with DOORS tool.
- Knowledge of railway signaling techniques.
- Knowledge of specification-driven systems design (as it applies to computer systems with both hardware and software operation).
- Converts Customer requirements into conceptual designs and prepares associated documentation by performing operational analyses, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features.
- Similarly creates new concepts or modifies existing concepts to fulfil customer requirements.
- Prepares system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements and test requirement documents by analyzing, decomposing modelling and refining customer requirements and typical train control domain requirements.
- Performs technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details. Analysis and simulations are performed as necessary to identify design feasibility & driving requirements.
- Prepares and supports preparation of design & development proposals based on a knowledge of ATC technology, customer requirements and backed by analysis, simulation and trade-off of key design driving requirements.
- Presents technical design proposals and reports to customers and/or other engineering/management groups in clear, complete, concise and non-ambiguous terms.
- Prepares specialized ATC systems analyses based on polytechnic engineering skills and knowledge of the ATCS domain.
- Prepares specialized ATC system analyses based on polytechnic engineering skills and detail knowledge of the ATCS domain, covering one or more of the following:
- Logic and Continuous Controls Design;
- Safety distance calculations;
- Headway simulations
- Radio/Network knowledge including RF.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.