Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a System Design Specialist to support the team.
Duration: 5 months
Location: North York, ON
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Looking for somebody who has electrical engineering and systems design experience.
- Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of exp.
- To perform system design, signaling design, network design, analysis, modelling and simulation to specify communication-based train control systems.
- To develop and define system design features to meet Customer requirements.
- To analyses and evaluate designs to verify compliance with system technical requirements.
- To develop and define Subsystems requirements.
- To develop block design, interlocking control tables, and application database for Software subsystems.
- To analyses and evaluate system performance and prepare associated technical contract deliverable.
- To design and configure communication networks meeting customer and industry requirements for throughput and security.
- The incumbent is accountable for performing the design work correctly, within cost and schedule limits, as defined in approved work packages.
- The work is typically defined by the Work Package Manager, then reviewed, modified and agreed with and approved by the Systems Architect and/or Manager.
- The System Engineer typically works with a team of engineers to define what will be designed, how it will perform and how it will be determined that it is working correctly.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.