We have an immediate opening for a System Validation Engineer – I on a six month assignment extension beyond, in Folsom, CA, USA.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load/performance, system, and user acceptance testing
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements and assist in feature deployment as needed
- Assist in coordinating the release of new features and systems
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and strategies
- Monitor debugging process results
- Design and develop automation tests scripts for new features implemented
- Create and maintain documentation of release workflows, deployment procedures, etc.
- Define quality metrics and targets for assessment, measurement and continuous improvement of QA and testing effectiveness
- Secures, organizes, and maintains test environment as needed
- You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
- Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- This is an entry level position
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 6 months experience in: Software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Software development in any scripting language
- Software quality assurance/ testing
- Linux operating system
- Extensive debugging and problem solving skills required
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with black box testing
- Possess good understanding & working knowledge of agile development & test processes
- Exposure to Selenium test framework is a plus
- Proficiency with python programming language
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.