Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational Utilities companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Senior Systems Administrator located in Akron, OH
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- This position is accountable, under general supervision, for installing and maintaining our Microsoft Server environment.
- With a subject matter expert focus on the Companys Citrix and VMware environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent experience in a production Microsoft Server Administration role.
Strong knowledge of the following:
- MS Window server deployment using deployment software tools
- Intel/AMD Server Hardware Maintenance
- MS Server anti-virus administration
- MS Windows server operating system administration and patch management.
- VMware – Virtual machine setup / administration, vSphere, ESX administration, Site Recovery
- Manager, VMFS and VMware Distributed Switch (VDS) management
- Citrix XenApp – Net Scaler, licensing server, Store Front servers, application migrations from
- Proficient in Power Shell and other scripting technologies
- Microsoft File and Print Services
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Microsoft IIS
- Must work effectively in a team environment and on concurrent assignments.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong network skills for server administration and performance troubleshooting.
- Build, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Server fleet.
- Build and manage Microsoft servers that include Citrix servers, application servers, Active Directory servers, specialized support servers, Microsoft SQL Server and File and Print Servers throughout the life-cycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise related to Citrix infrastructure and applications hosted via Citrix.
- This position would provide architecture, design and main implementation support for the Company current and future Citrix environment.
- Provide consulting for new applications/systems requiring Microsoft servers and services.
- Maintain and administer operating systems, server security and Microsoft services.
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain server systems hardware and software.
- Implement application systems, in partnership with IT Solutions personnel.
- Design and implement disaster recovery procedures.
- Investigate and resolve application problems.
- Strict adherence to company processes and procedures, in accordance to regulatory requirements