Our Public Sector client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Systems Tester/QA Specialist for 5 month contract.
The selected candidate will support the enhancements to a solution for one of our client's lines of business. The solution is created on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform.
- Provides advice on the testing strategy and plan, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing
- Analyzes product requirements and design for completeness and test-ability
- Creates test plans and strategies, test scenarios/cases and test data
- Executes testing efforts for systems in GUI and non-GUI environments, including the execution of functional, systems integration, regression, performance and user acceptance testing
- Manages defect tracking, reports defects to PM and coordinates issue resolution.
- Provides estimates for draft project plans
- Role-specific EA Artifacts
- Master Test Plan
- Test scenarios/cases
- Regression Test scenarios
- Test scripts
- Test data and/or SQL queries
- Requirements Validation Matrix
- Defect Status Report
- Test Status Report
- Test Summary report
- UAT Summary report
- Knowledge Transfer to Operations/Support
- Experience in planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level
- Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and data query tools to aid in the development of test cases
- Knowledge and experience in the use of automated test tools and version control systems on one or more platforms
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of one or more automated testing tools
- Experience in the specified experience level
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics 365
- Experience using Visual Studio Team Server (VSTS)
- Product cycle (functional & non-functional) testing experience
- Test case design and review experience (from business requirements)
- Test case development experience
- Experience in defect tracking
- Test scenarios (use-cases) design and review
- Test execution, analysis and reporting experience
- Experience in writing test scripts using Visual Studio Team Suite (VSTS)
- Experience using Team Foundation Server
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- Knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Content management
- Because of the relatively short duration of the contract and the requirement for existing application support, previous experience in the OPS and with Justice-specific applications would be an asset.
General Skills, Knowledge and Qualification:
- At least 10 years' experience performing the Quality role on I & IT projects within and outside government
- The ability to analyze business and functional requirements, lead/facilitate triage sessions and prepare required documentation test reports
- The consultant will have required experience working on large systems implementation projects, ideally with experience in all phases of the system development life cycle
- Credentials and/or experience that reflect current professional standards for the discipline
- Basic/Enhanced/ Reliability Security Clearance Requirements:
- Upon notification, any selected Supplier shall be required to provide the information necessary to execute the clearance process for everyone requiring an enhanced security clearance. Security clearances should be completed before the Supplier and the Client enter into the Agreement. Where security clearances cannot be completed prior to engagement of the supplier, an offer may be extended prior to completion. Note the condition of employment or the award of a contract with the Client is contingent on a security clearance. Should a prospective consultant or contracted consultant not be successful in obtaining a clearance, this can impact any previous agreement made by the Client with the contractor/consultant.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted