Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Talent Acquisition Advisor. This a 12-month contract position located in Calgary. Could this be you?
As a Talent Acquisition Advisor your main responsibility is to support the execution of business priorities by efficiently delivering top talent. You will be reporting to the Manager Talent Acquisition & Mobility and will guide and coach hiring managers on all aspects of the hiring process in a fast paced, high volume position. You must have experience within the Oil and Gas Sector sourcing, screening, interviewing, and evaluating candidates to meet staffing objectives across multiple business units. You will interact with a broad range of employees and contractors both at a worker level as well as at the supervisory and management levels.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively support execution of business priorities by efficiently delivering top talent to the business as needed.
- Guide and coach hiring managers on all aspects of the hiring process to ensure that the right talent is selected for the right role at the right time.
- Flawlessly deliver full cycle recruitment to the business including job posting, developing selection criteria, candidate sourcing, screening, short-listing, interviewing, selection and ensuring pre-employment checks are completed.
- Manage the job offer process including assembling relevant offer details, developing the right offer, making compensation recommendations, negotiating and securing acceptance.
- Develop and maintain accessible talent pipeline to help speed up the hiring process.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the business and participate in strategic business discussions to assist with delivery of talent needed to achieve business priorities
- 5+ years' experience as a full-time professional Talent Acquisition role
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience using an ATS (preferably Taleo) and HRIS (preferably SAP)
- Exposure and understanding of Total Compensation, particularly relative to the offer negotiation process
- Oil and Gas industry experience, or related experience easily transferrable to providing Human Resources support in this industry
- Strong negotiating and selling skills; will be able to use influencing skills to create positive outcomes
- Strong MS Office abilities, particularly with MS Word and Excel
- Post-secondary education in HR or related discipline
Nice to Haves
- RPR and/or CHRP designations
- Solid knowledge of Taleo
- Experience with roll out of Applicant Tracking Systems (Preferably Success Factors)
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinker who is results and goal-oriented
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work cross-functionality with a collaborative mindset
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities and multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.