Our client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Representative to support to strategic and proactive sourcing initiatives, candidate assessment and selection, management of employment offers for a 6 months contract with high chance of extension.
- Develop effective sourcing strategies based on workforce plans to recruit candidates who are a fit for the client's position requirements and culture.
- Provide guidance to Hiring Leaders on recruitment skills and the overall hiring process.
- Build strong relationships with desired candidates to ensure a viable talent pipeline.
- Resume pre-screening, candidate interviewing, assessment, short-listing and selection for open positions.
- Complete reference checks and negotiate offers of employment.
- Utilize internal and external networks to leverage best practices in recruitment and selection.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
- Assist with international recruitment assignments and career fairs as required.
- Optimize efficiency of the recruitment process by making recommending and implementing improvements.
- Carry out a strong public relations function through ongoing interactions with potential employees; ensure a positive applicant experience.
- Guide recruitment efforts for campus recruiting.
- Post-secondary education with focus in Human Resources is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 2-4 years of relevant Human Resources work experience.
- Previous experience with full cycle recruitment process: preparing postings, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, preparing offers and onboarding new employees.
- Previous new graduate/on campus recruitment an asset.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- A high level of enthusiasm and energy and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented by strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Workday experience/knowledge is highly desired.
- Experience with oil and gas industry recruitment an asset.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”