Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing company? They are currently looking for an TAR Mechanical Planner to support their facility in Geismar, Louisiana. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: TAR Mechanical Planner
Duration: Until July 2020 (possible extension)
The TAR mechanical planner is a member of the TAR Planning Team responsible for all assigned mechanical TAR planning as well as support for secondary discipline planning.
Usually they will take the role of TAR Execution Mechanical Supervisor during the Shutdown period.
Pre SD Activities:
- Participate in the scope definition and development process, with a focus on the mechanical activities (equipment inspections, repairs and capital projects) as required.
- When advantageous, proposes alternative scope to meet the same objectives.
- Analyze detail planning information from previous TAR(s), as required.
- Plan Jobs assigned in the planning tool and produce the according to guidelines set by lead planners, planning coordinators and TAR manager.
- Request secondary discipline (I&E, rotating equipment) planning support as needed
- Maintains all planning documentation including progress in the tools as defined by the planning coordinator and TAR manager.
- Coordinates and/or plans capital project activities for the TAR as defined by the TAR and Construction managers.
- Support secondary discipline planning to finalize plans for the mechanical activities associated with I&E and rotating equipment jobs as necessary.
- Coordinates with the I&E, Electrical, and Operations Planners regarding scope development, scope additions, isolations, work planning, PPE, permitting requirements, etc.
- Support the development of the site/unit infrastructure and facilities (provide summary of needs to Logistics Coordinator, especially long-lead deliveries).
- Assemble job packages.
- Support the seamless transition of the work packages to the contractor in order to ensure that the contractor understands the content of mechanical work packages
- Provide field support to the Execution organization for mechanical jobs, including safety and quality oversight.
- Support the progression process and provide validation where necessary.
- Document daily findings and events (notes/photographs).
- Ensure discovery work is addressed through the TAR-specific work process and provide planning/estimating/material and/or service procurement as necessary.
- Participate in decommissiong/recommissioning, safety/housekeeping walkthroughs, and productivity audits.
- Provide contractors with any additional documentation needed to conduct work properly.
Post SD Activities:
- Provide input to contractor evaluations.
- Participate in review meetings and creation of lessons learned.
- Ensure planning details, daily notes, photos, and other documentation are properly archived.