Team Lead, Chemical & Pressure (Lac La Biche, AB)
- Lac La Biche, AB
- Relocation Bonus, Camp facilities available
- Class 1A/AZ or Class 3A/DZ License required
- Permanent, 10/5 schedule, 12-hour days
- Minimum salary $100,000 per year, based on experience
- Company Paid Benefits, Education Assistance Available
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
Do you want to be apart of a company that sees you as family? Do you have core values that you want reflected in the place you work?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that is a family-owned and operated business that puts Safety above all else. They truly care about their team members and treat not just them, but their families as their family too. They take great pride in the quality of work that they do, highly-detailed oriented and do not cut corners, no matter what. They help each other, their community and customers to reach their full potentials.
As our new Team Leader, Chemical & Pressure, you will responsible for overseeing the group and helping the department grow. You will be responsible for all day to day and division project work planning, scheduling and completion. You are expected to provide leadership within the company for the development of the team members reporting directly and indirectly into this position in all functional responsibilities, including the safety of the team members.
You will be:
- Reporting directly to the Director Chemical, Pressure and Major Projects; ensuring cross-functional interaction between all roles (e.g. Safety, Mechanical and Operations), HR and Financial Admin functions
- Accountable for the safety of all direct reports
- Responsible for the growth of sales, understanding the scope of work and coordinating resources, including overseeing budgets
- Be the subject matter expert on all division equipment, and computer systems so that you can best utilize the equipment to manage projects
- Support the field supervisors and field operators and managing issues and conflict resolution on customer issues
- Manage the projects and resources that the Field Supervisors are working on to ensure adequate resourcing, timing, and budget availability
- Provide supervision of team members, including monitoring performance, coaching and mentoring team members and supervisors, providing training and development opportunities, and taking disciplinary action as warranted and within policy.
- Inform team members on the organization’s and the department’s plans and measures and progress on plans and measures.
- Develop and implement innovative ideas to improve equipment. Responsible for bringing innovative ideas forward which are scoped out to address implementation and customer issues.
- Determine and implement productivity and efficiency measures (e.g., unapplied time, lost capacity, etc.).
- Track, report, implement strategies and tactics to manage productivity and efficiency measures.
- Prepare regular internal financial reporting and recommendations on projects.
- Manage the cross-functional relationships between safety, scheduling-planning, field, and mechanical functions in a manner that is committed to safety, customer relationships, and company values
Breakdown of Responsibilities:
- Leadership, team supervision, and customer relationship management (60%)
- Chemical, Pressure and Major Projects Support and Execution of Project Plan and Budgets (30%)
- Budget Management, Tracking and Reporting on Productivity and Efficiency (10%)
Why this is the right job for you…
Primarily, you are a leader, not a manager. You are hands on, jump in there with your team and show them the ropes. You are able to manage relationships and resolve issues and conflict in an effective, inclusive, transparent, and calm manner. You’re considered to be an expert in conflict resolution and developing win-win solutions.
You have experience growing and developing Operators by coaching and mentoring, providing direction and correction in a consistent, timely, and respectful manner. You see the bigger picture and objectives that are to be achieved and reach them by prioritizing, setting realistic goals and executing on those goals.
You’re able to exercise good judgement, be proactive and when necessary, react quickly in emergency situations. You foster and encourage trust, communication and respect with those around you. You’re open-mind, honest, supportive and accountable are some of the words you use to describe yourself. Most importantly, you would never put yourself or others at risk, safety is of upmost importance to you.
Ultimately, you have the ability to truly manage the daily responsibilities of the division, including being attentive, flexible and adaptable to customer and field situations.
- Experience in Oilfield Services including Industrial Cleaning is required.
- Valid Class 5 license is required, valid Class 1 is an asset
- Education in a related field, such as operation management or its equivalent, accompanied by several years of progressively responsible professional, supervisory, and managerial experience.
- Experience managing budgets and team members within an operational environment
- Working knowledge of planning and scheduling work and Turnarounds (TAR)
- Experience and working comfort with enterprise software systems, such as accounting, scheduling and planning, or office software programs is required.
- Working knowledge of “Axon” is an asset.
Are you interested in seeing if this is for you? Please apply or call us today!
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. You can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861.