Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Team Lead for ERP Training to join their team. This a 12- month contract position located at their Calgary office.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall success of the training and learning needs of the client related to their ERP implantation. You will partner with existing training and learning teams at the client to leverage existing processes, infrastructure, and vehicles.
- Work closely with Change Management to ensure an integrated approach with the training team.
- Co-lead all training activities for Project Team, End User Training and performance support, including:
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Strategy & Approach
- Tool evaluation and selection
- Curriculum and training materials development
- Enablement of the client’s Process/Project Team Trainers
- Training Delivery
- Effectiveness Measurement
- Post Go-Live Training, including performance supports
- Sustainment Approach and Governance
- Transition into the client’s training steady state
- Close partnership with OCM workstreams –e g. work with change team to understand the impacts on stakeholder groups and roles to develop Training Needs Analysis.
- Work with Functional Leads & Process Owners to build and review training deliverables.
- Work with Human Resources / eLMS departments as appropriate to ensure an integrated e-learning solution.
- Engagement and onboarding support of Training Resources including Training Coordinators.
- Develop, maintain, and implement the detailed training workplan.
- Define resource workload allocation.
- Own relationship with 3rd party vendors for related training & support functionality.
- Provide overall leadership to the training team.
- Monitor the quality of the overall development effort.
- Provide oversight of training logistics and delivery.
- Participate in the delivery of training, including delivery of a Train-the-Trainer course, as required.
- Draft and implement measurement tools.
- Ensure a successful transition for the related scope of work from the ERP project to the client’s training / learning function during program and into steady state.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Related university degree or post secondary degree (i.e. Business, Education, Human Resources or related field), and/or professional designation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience designing, leading, and executing training plans, plans on large systems, process and people change projects (preferably ERP projects inclusive of Finance, Supply Chain Management and Asset/Work Management)
- 10+ of directly related experience and 10 years of broad business experience.
- Knowledge of training audiences including training methodologies & tactics that will be successful for each (preferably in the oil and gas industry).
- Significant work experience as a trainer, training lead or training function manager, preferably in a large corporate environment and preferably with ERP systems.
- Experience in establishing training strategies, implementing action plans, developing and monitoring budgets, and manage staff and external resources
- Experience in assessment and measurement of training needs specific to changes in business processes and systems.
- Familiar with both traditional and modern end-to-end process training methods, trends and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of training software for systems and process training (including eLMS, authoring tools, content development and performance support).
- Knowledge, and successful implementation, of instructional design practices.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office proficiency; familiarity with web delivery tools and other e-learning solutions / supports.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, negotiation, influence and leadership skills.
- Verbal and written communication specifically related to coaching, mentoring, motivating and ensuring that organizational objectives are translated into the department’s activities
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, initiate, lead & manage training.
- Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery /implementation.
- Adult Education certification or other teaching credentials.
- PROSCI, PMP or related credentials.
- Experience on other large transformation projects considered an asset
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.