Our client located in St. John’s, Newfoundland has an immediate need for a Team Lead, Subsea Project Engineering. This would be contract position for twelve (12) months.
Our client is currently looking for a Team Lead, Subsea Projects Engineering to join the Subsea Projects, Atlantic Region team. The Team Lead, Subsea Projects Engineering is responsible for daily engineering management during the execution of Atlantic Region Subsea Projects including oversight of engineering activities completed by the EPCI Contractors engineering group.
Travel offshore will be required periodically.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Management of engineering activities completed within the Subsea Projects team
- Manage development of subsea engineering specifications
- Liaise with internal stakeholders regarding subsea tie-back requirements, including interfacing with other WWRP teams as required
- Engineering review and approval for subsea projects documentation (procedures, specifications, etc.).
- Supervise and manage Subsea Projects engineering team personnel.
- Provide oversight of all engineering activities completed by the EPCI Contractors engineering group.
- Periodic offshore travel during execution phases of projects
MUST HAVE qualifications:
- Senior level understanding of the role of health, safety, environment and quality management systems in the oil and gas industry
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Science.
- Member in good standing or eligible for registration with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Subsea Project Engineer.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Lead Subsea Engineer.
- Minimum 10 years experience in subsea field design, subsea construction, and controls and operability.
- Experienced in flowline and umbilical design, fabrication, and installation analysis
- Experienced with design and operations of subsea manifold structures and drill center architecture (e.g. Christmas Trees, jumpers, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment that includes dealing with people from various disciplines. Also, work in partnership with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals, and identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Project Manager.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Contracts or Procurement Engineer.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.