Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Technical Analyst to join their team. This an 12-month contract position located at their Calgary office.
The Technical Analyst will work with closely with the Engineering Technical Records and Information Management team. They will be tasked with supporting engineering and record management related applications and tools. The support includes understanding the application’s functionality, limitations, configuration and how it integrates into the business. Other accountabilities will include defining requirements of the daily feed and needs of the system, as well as Tier 1 user support.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Electronic Document Management (EDM) System and assigned servers, including upgrades, new installations, security requirements, backups, disaster recovery plan, system reporting, and EDM User access.
- Responsible for ensuring the EDM System meets the business, regulatory, and security requirements as established by the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring licensing for the EDM System is current, received, filed, and tracked within the tracking system.
- Assist the Manager with the planning, and direction of the EDM System.
- Provide technical support and stewardship related to the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring the EDM System and other assigned servers are operational and accessible.
- Provide the Manager regular status reporting and communications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years working experience with MS Windows Server.
- 4+ years working experience designing, developing, and customizing applications using software vendor APIs.
- 2+ years of experience customizing and developing EDM applications, AutoCAD and other CAD application software.
- 10+ years of experience with Microsoft and SQL Server.
- Working experience managing and maintaining the data integrity of database applications or as an Oracle Database Administrator would be an asset.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a comparable field.
- Previous experience in the domain of the pipeline or EPC industry would be an asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.