Our education sector client is seeking a results-oriented individual to centralize the management of desktops throughout the organization. While working with a diverse team, you will work with internal clients to understand their business requirements and develop a new customized image for the PCs in their environment
- Work closely with internal clients to design, implement and test end-point management systems across the institution.
- Ensure that end-user computing environments are secure, robust and provide optimal value
- Provide IT infrastructure that effectively exploits technology for the benefit of internal clients
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program in Computer Science or other relevant technical degree and a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a large Microsoft Server and Desktop environment managing 1000+ PCs.
- Experience as a technical lead with imaging and deployment of Windows and Apple operating systems, including current O/S versions, in large managed enterprise environments
- Minimum 5 years work experience with Windows authentication, permissions, and privilege management using Microsoft Active Directory permissions and Group Policy, File & Print Servers, and PowerShell Scripting in a large enterprise environment (3000+ users).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft server 2016 and MAC Sierra OS
- Minimum 5 years work and troubleshooting experience of Microsoft security protocols and networking (VPN, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VLAN, LAN and WAN)
- Enterprise management and security solutions, including antivirus products such as Sophos, endpoint encryptions such as Dell Data Protection Encryption (DDPE), and asset management administration, configuration and imaging such as KACE 1000 & 2000
- Familiarity querying Microsoft SQL Databases
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise management and reporting of computing assets.
- Proven ability to document and provide recommendations on process improvements
- Strong research skills and the ability to make recommendations for new technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.