Our market leading Energy client located in St. John’s, Newfoundland requires a Technical Training and Competency Analyst to join their team in early January 2019 for a twelve (12) month contract position.
You would provide technical expertise in Training & Competency assurance during the operational readiness phase of the West White Rose Project. This position will be responsible to identify and verify facility-specific training and competency requirements of personnel. Working closely with the Team Lead, Training and Competency, the Operations Readiness Team, and the Operations & Maintenance Contractor, the incumbent provides oversight and verification that all our client’s and regulatory training and qualifications requirements are met.
- Develop and Maintain Facility Specific Training and Competency Matrices
- Regular communications/visits with O&M Contractor to verify all Contractor personnel qualifications
- Competency Assurance of Husky personnel associated with WWRP in line with AR T&C processes
- Ensure our client’s and Regulatory requirements are reflected in WWRP System Training Modules
- Oversight and Verification of Contractor Personnel travelling to client-operated facilities
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- 5 years' experience with personnel training & competency assurance systems
- Experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) to track and report KPIs
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills to meet and exceed established deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to identify key problem areas and recommend appropriate solutions in a proactive manner
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to achieve team goals and objectives
- Highly developed writing and verbal communication skills
- 2-5 years' experience within the Atlantic Canada offshore petroleum industry
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance within the Atlantic Canadian offshore petroleum industry
- Knowledge of Offshore Personnel Training & Qualifications Code of Practice
- Experience working with Marine and Petroleum-related Standards and Guidelines
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in Education (Adult) or Business Administration (Human Resources) or related discipline
- Adult Trainer / Provincial Teacher Certification
- Technical Certificate related to the Petroleum Industry
- Training and/or Competency Management related Certification (or equivalent)
- Auditor of Quality Systems
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and eLearning applications
- Experience using Adobe Captivate
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.