We have an immediate opening for a Technical Writer for a six-month assignment in Oak Creek, WI
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Technical Writer/SOP Developer Job Description Job Responsibilities
- Write, create, and update detailed manufacturing operational procedures and documents.
- Creates and/or revises mfg. SOPs as required for improvements, NCRs, CAPAs, etc.
- Adheres to document revision/release schedule as defined by Change Control Board.
- Use Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) structure to complete tasks and drive closure of document and engineering change orders on behalf of the Engineering department
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to documents prepared by other personnel.
- Research and translate technical information into manuals, procedures and documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Organize materials and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Collaborate within and across departments to collect and interpret content to be incorporated into documents.
- Collaborate with Change Control Board to continuously improve process to support business needs.
- Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Experience writing technical documents, SOPs, and/or manuals for manufacturing in highly regulated industry, such as medical devices, biotech or aerospace, required.
- Hands-on experience in a cGMP product development or manufacturing environment
- Ability to synthesize and describe complex data to multiple audiences.
- Ability to read and understand Bill of Material (BOM) structures for complex multi-level assemblies
- Proven to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members delivering quality documentation with aggressive time lines required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Strong attention to detail with good planning, organizational, and reporting skills required.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and react quickly to urgent situations.
- Strong personal computer skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) required.
- Experience with PLM software and Change Control process required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Science or Engineering
- 2-5 years of technical writing experience in a highly regulated environment (e.g. medical device, pharmaceutical, aerospace)
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.