Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Test Engineer: Graphics on a 6-month assignment extension beyond, in Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- As a Test Engineer you will work under the direction of the test lead to perform quality assurance tasks such as functional feature testing, executing test cases, documenting and tracking flaws, and developing test plans. Testing will be done both at the API level and system level in order to perform functional and non-functional validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our graphics deliverables
- Perform regression testing, verify claimed bug fixes and document program defects in a bug tracking database
- Execute subjective testing and exploratory testing in different environments and scenarios to verify graphical improvements in areas that are specific to our technology (but often similar to VR)
- Analyze various components of systems, collaborate with development, test, and automation teams, and use your technical expertise to debug or provide circumstances needed to triage and resolve issues
- As an integral part of the team, you will champion the culture of quality, own the bug process and recommend process improvements in a way that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 4+ years of experience as a QA Test Engineer with hands-on experience in the test development and execution of graphics algorithms and software components.
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Keen sense of observation for graphical defects
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Current game console generation and/or PC industry game QA experience is highly desired
- Familiarity with Unity and/or UE4 engines is highly desired
- Scripting knowledge of Python, C#, UE4 Blueprint, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies. Must be a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.