Our market leading integrated energy client requires a Thermal Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to join their team in Cold Lake, Alberta. This is a one year contract position.
This role requires a highly professional and personable individual who demonstrates strong business judgment, clear and concise communication, organizational skills, and who enjoys working in a busy environment with significant growth opportunities. This individual must interact with all stakeholders and foster a One Team, One Goal concept. Safety, reliability and efficiencies are predominant areas of focus.
Reporting to the Tucker Maintenance Sr. Supervisor, the Thermal Maintenance Planner/Scheduler partners with Operations staff, Maintenance Sr. Supervisor, Senior trades, and planners to review, prioritize, plan, and schedule maintenance activities which includes turn arounds in a designated area. The candidate must demonstrate strong scheduling knowledge and be proficient in the use of Graphical Work Order Scheduling Software (GWOS) .
- Work with Senior Trades, Sr. Supervisor, Operations, and Planners to develop planned work, and generate weekly schedule utilizing SAP GWOS.
- Manage PM plans, and develop new and refine existing plans where applicable.
- Partner with Operations in turnaround planning/scheduling. Develop task lists for repetitive routine tasks and turn around activities.
- Participate In weekly maintenance review meetings with Operations, Sr. Maintenance Supervisor and planners to discuss ongoing activities, prioritize activities, review upcoming planned work for the next two weeks and identify maintenance requirements which may have been overlooked.
- Participate in monthly cost review and annual budget development meetings with Sr. Maintenance Supervisor, Senior Trades, Thermal Planners and Operations
- Develop BOMs
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Must Have Skills
- Bachelors Degree, Technical Diploma, or Trades Certificate from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years related maintenance experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper or power generation industries
- Working knowledge and experience with reliability and operational integrity
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Computer Centralized Maintenance System, specifically SAP PM
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Centralized Maintenance Scheduling System, specifically GWOS
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices in oil and gas production accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Strong understanding of operational integrity, reliability and safety processes and procedures
- Understanding of procurement and materials management practices
Nice to Have Skills
- Professional Engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Minimum of five years' experience with maintenance philosophies, standards, strategies, practices, and processes within the energy industry
- Minimum of five years of working knowledge of applicable energy industry Codes, Standards, Regulations, and Acts; design and construction practices; pressure and rotating equipment; electrical; instrumentation and controls; and operating process principles
- Plant and production operations experience
- Strong computer skills with MS Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and apply new technology, strategies, and processes
- Working knowledge of the EWR and MOC processes
- Familiarity of Thermal Oil operating principles
- Experience with contractor management
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.