310J Trailer Mechanic
- Milton, Ontario
- $30 per hour
- Permanent, Day Shift, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Overtime Available, Boot Allowance, 100% Company Paid Benefits
- Stable Work Environment, Opportunity for Advancement to Leadership Positions
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Certification of Qualification required
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading bus repair and refurbishment specialists in Canada. They have been in business for over 45 years using some of the most specialized equipment in the industry. You will always be busy with their 60-bay, over 100,00 square foot facility with custom built paint spray booths and paint prep stalls.
As our new Trailer Mechanic, you will enjoy troubleshooting and inspecting buses and highway coach buses to detect faults, malfunctions and irregularities. You have the skill and experience to perform quality mechanical and some electrical repairs on buses and highway coaches.
Your tasks will include:
- Determine the extent of repairs required
- Adjust equipment and repair and/or replace defective parts
- Test and repair equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate, and perform complete overhauls on braking systems, engine and transmission systems, and suspension systems
Why you'd be a good fit for this…
- Knowledge of Fleet Management practices and processes
- Ability to analyze vehicle problems and provide expertise in repairs and maintenance, including the use of electronic/diagnostic equipment
- Ability to carry out repair and service schedules, mandatory inspections and certifications
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail, safety oriented, reliable, self-motivated and flexible
- Able to withstand long periods of standing and bending
- Have your own tools that you can use at the shop
- Certification of Qualification 310J
- Committed to Safety above all else
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.