Our Banking Client in Scarborough, ON is looking to hire a Trainer for a 6 month with high possibility of extension.
As a Trainer, responsible to provide training to a variety of audiences and employees of different levels through various platforms such as in person and online.
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Project Portfolio Management Technology is seeking a Trainer to provide training to a variety of audiences and employees of different levels through various platforms such as in person and online. The Trainer will be working on a large-scale PPM based project, which will be expanding and rolling out new tools and services. It is important for the Trainer to have outstanding communication skills, proven/demonstrated experience in training, coaching or leading individuals of all levels, and create effective training material. The Trainer will have the opportunity to challenge themselves and expand their experience while working in a dynamic environment with new technologies and work with a diverse team.
Typical Day in Role
- Monitor evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups or consultation with managers.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Develop training procedure, manuals, guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Meet with department leads and management to determine training needs.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Prior experience providing training, coaching or leading groups of various sizes on multiple platforms (3+ years)
2) Prior experience creating and evaluating creative training material (3+ years)
- Outstanding communication and written skills (ability to create, present and evaluate training material)
- Ability to be creative in their solutions
Nice to Have Skills:
- Prior experience working with PPM
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 3+ years of overall related experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.