Our client is one of Canada’s market leading integrated oil companies with over 500 retail locations coast to coast. They are looking for a Trainer to join their team for a (6) six month contract to help them through a massive rebranding exercise.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
To provide for additional resources for re-branding project to ensure the right training complement is in place to meet the timeline for the conversion.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
Works collaboratively with Operations, Marketing and other departments to develop and deliver training for: gas and convenience retailers, customer service representatives, and retail operations staff, utilizing web-based, remote, on-site, and classroom training. This will include Corporate Retailers, Travel Centre retailers, and Branded Dealers. This position will require the successful candidate to travel approximately 25 – 50 % of the time.
- Develop and deliver training programs that support the execution of the retail/commercial operating, marketing and customer service standards.
- Write, maintain and update existing training material(s), including course content, user manuals and presentations
- Work closely with technical systems such as Point of Sale, back office reconciliation, and in house learning management systems.
- Working with various stakeholder groups to assist in the development and deployment of programs.
- Work closely with the technical support desk to identify training needs in order to improve efficiencies for both groups.
- Handling calls and enquires from Retailers, responding to questions and resolving concerns.
- Coordination and facilitation of field/classroom/webinar training
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three to five years of coordinating, developing and delivering training/skills improvement programs;
- Demonstrated technical writing abilities, as well as the ability to present written content in a professional and engaging manner
- A working knowledge of health, safety and environmental practices as they related to the retail gas and convenience industry
- Retail experience in a multi-unit chain environment
- Experience working with point of sale systems such as Bulloch or StorePoint
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous change management experience
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- A complete understanding of the delivery of superior customer service programs
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.