Our Downtown Midstream client has an immediate need for a Training Coordinator.
- The Training Coordinator:
- Provides technical expertise in the development, coordination and implementation of the Operations Training Program for Field Operations.
- Oversees and coordinates the setup and administration of the Operations Training Program in the applicable Learning Management System (LMS).
- The Operations Training Program encompasses training related to: safety, emergency response, environmental, and technical (learning path, operator qualifications, core and specialized).
- Collectively, the Operations Training Team supports the development and continual growth of a knowledgeable, skilled, team oriented workforce.
The Training Coordinator will:
- Ensure successful operation, maintenance, and support of the Operations Training Program in the applicable learning management system. This includes:
- Managing the learning administration process in the LMS.
- Ensuring that web-based training courses, including courses and third party courses required by operations training, are available and functional in the required LMS in accordance with system requirements and current Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) criteria.
- Providing guidance and support in the operation and maintenance of the applicable LMS which may include duties related to:
- user imports, user access, organizational structure setup;
- training catalog/syllabi & matrices updates;
- responding to & resolution of training issues;
- LMS rules, enhancements/upgrades, or changes; and
- participation in learning and development meetings.
- Developing effective automated LMS reporting to facilitate management oversight.
- Working with the LMS vendor and/or LMS team when required to upgrade software and implement new functionality.
- Coordinate and execute management of change activities.
- Support LP Management of Change processes by supporting the completion of training needs assessments and ensuring that outcome based training programs are developed and delivered to affected staff.
- Support the development and improvement of Operations Training Program documentation and team processes.
- Support the development and execution of comprehensive internal assessments, annual reviews, and compliance verification activities designed to validate that LP Technical Training and OQ processes are: being followed; aligned with department plans; in compliance with internal and external requirements; and effectively achieving their purpose.
- Support the development and execution of client and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Provide support in competency identification and learning content development.
- Encourage the development of training programs and materials that foster the culture of individual self-control required to form the foundation of a high performance organization.
- Support and provide guidance on the implementation and execution of the Operations Training Program including learning management system (LMS) support as required.
- Support the coordination of and/or facilitate the delivery of training and communications to Field Staff when required.
- Participate and provide support to internal committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Related university degree and minimum of four or more years of experience OR equivalent combination of formal education, certification and experience.
- Ability to design, develop, and manage the system integration of large scale training programs into learning management systems.
- Knowledge and skill in the coordination and execution of management of change activities related to training programs.
- Ability to work independently and manage their time, approach to problems, and work priorities.
- Ability to drive for results by understanding and meeting or exceeding stakeholder needs; and, establishing
- realistic work plans and work schedules.
- Ability to encourage collaboration, trust, and cooperation among work groups and within own work group.
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective decisions.
- Able to solve problems by applying standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, or using methods developed in previous assignment.
- Broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems, project management, identifying opportunities and has a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with others competently and effectively through excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leadership experience (direct or indirect).
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of the Operator Qualifications (OQ) regulatory requirement.
- Training content and competency development experience.
- Exposure to multiple Learning Management Systems and training development platforms/applications.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to Silkroad Learning.
- Experience as a classroom facilitator.
- Knowledge of content creation tool(s).
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.