Our Downtown Edmonton Midstream client is looking for an Operations Training Analyst. The primary focus of this role is to support the implementation, administration, and maintenance of the Operations Training Program which includes the Operator Qualification (OQ) Program.
Collectively, the Field Operations training group supports the development and continual growth of a knowledgeable, skilled, team oriented workforce.
The Operations Training Analyst will:
- Support the operation and maintenance of the applicable learning management system (LMS) which may include duties related to:
- user access administration/support;
- training catalog/syllabi & matrices updates;
- responding to and resolving training issues;
- assisting with LMS rules, enhancements/upgrades, or changes;
- supporting the testing of web-based training to ensure it is available and functioning in the LMS; and
- participating in learning and development meetings.
- Capture training data from the applicable LMS (e.g. developing, testing, and pulling reports) to analyze/interpret data in order to present it in a meaningful format.
- Administer the team SharePoint sites which includes the OQ site, and the “issues tracking” tool which is used to collect operations training issues for prioritization and resolution.
- Support the development and execution of operation training communications.
- Support and provide guidance on the implementation and execution of the Operations Training Program including learning management system (LMS) support as required.
- Administer and support the OQ Program setup in ISNetworld.
- Develop and maintain an approved 3rd party vendor lists for external training providers in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide support with the maintenance of the Operator Qualification (OQ) program, including the annual review and effectiveness testing.
- Conduct analyses to support management of change (MOC) activities related to the Operations Training Program.
- Facilitate training, awareness, and engagement sessions as required to support the implementation and execution of the Operations Training Program.
- Support and/or facilitate the delivery of training when required.
- Support the creation and improvement of outcome-based training and competency verification programs by consolidating SME reviews, documenting training needs analyses/assessments, and analyzing course evaluations and feedback.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with regional training coordinators and support services groups.
- Provide recommendations to support the continuous improvement of the Operations Training Program.
- Participate and provide support to internal committees (i.e. Operator Qualification Steering Committee) as required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Related university degree or technical diploma with limited experience OR a combination of related certification and a minimum of five years directly related experience
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of: related office software; company databases; company structure and standard operating procedures; and/or office communications technology
- Exceptional Computer skills
- Communication and organizational abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment that values continual improvement and champions change
- Self-directed in day to day function
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skill.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (knowledge of ISNetworld would be considered and asset)
- Knowledge in oil/gas pipeline operations would be considered and asset
- Knowledge in related regulations and industry standards (PHMSA, API, operator procedures, OSHA, DOT, etc.) would be considered and asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.