We have an immediate opening for an “Transmission Line Planner / Scheduler” role for a 12 months contract assignment in Waltham, MA
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Design Engineering or 5 to 8 years of equivalent experience in the electricity construction management environment with 3 to 5 years in the utility management
- Broad knowledge of OH Transmission Line or 1-3 years of previous experience with Field Operations or related department.
- Knowledge of electric equipment and materials, electric theory, and transmission line construction practices.
- Understanding of Electric Operating Procedures, NG Transmission Construction Standards, Environmental Best Management Practices (BMP’s), Project Management Playbook, Outage Coordination Timelines, and basic electric safety rules.
- Experience in coordination of projects and a construction workforce with focus on construction methods, cost control, safety, environmental, quality and service, and performance. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Safety and Environmental rules.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Analytical Thinking: Sees relationships between work plans, safety issues, constructability, and spend vs. efficiency reports identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation.
- Conceptual Thinking: Sees patterns or trends in construction reporting and actual outcomes, notices when something is similar to a past situation.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Information Seeking: Establishes the facts and drives continuous improvement of the work planning function by digging deeper, asking probing questions and challenging initial responses from different sources.
- Impact and Influence: Uses direct persuasion to influence others involved in the construction process, using basic data, logic or examples of prior outcomes to support the approach outlined in the work plans themselves.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.