Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Transportation and Supply Representative to join their growing team on a contract basis for twelve (12) months
Ideal Candidates would have previous experience in a customer based role in either logistics (trucking, distribution) and rail with strong customer service experience.
The main function of the Transportation and Supply Representative is to provide expertise and support for developmental logistics and marketing for the coordination of our client’s petroleum coke logistics via rail, as well as support for Sulphur and ethanol logistics. This individual will be reporting to the Manager, Sulphur and Pet Coke Marketing.
- This team supports Supply and Logistics within the Canadian Product Marketing Organizational Unit. This team is composed of 2 Logistic Advisors and 1 Manager, Sulphur & Petcoke Marketing that work collaboratively together.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
- This is a great opportunity for a candidate with strong customer service skills to build upon their prior experience in logistics, transportation, distribution and/or supply chain. In this role you will gain further insight into production and operations by coordinating our client’s petroleum coke logistics via rail.
- Provide excellent customer service to counter parties, customers, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate empty rail cars into the HLU and manage rail shipments petroleum coke to customers and terminals throughout North America.
- Tracking of ethanol rail fleet and coordination with ethanol supply team to fulfill shipments
- Monitor, track and balance petroleum coke volumes shipped
- Generate and verify customer invoices, as well as accounting and management reports
- Verify, reconcile and coordinate the payment of all petroleum coke related rail invoices
- Provide backup and support to other logistics roles in the team
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A University Degree or a Technical Diploma
- Prior customer service experience
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification
- Understanding of supply and logistics management, particularly rail
- Working knowledge of transportation terminology and procedures, specifically rail transportation
- Working knowledge of marketing terminology, procedures, and protocol
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience and knowledge of Geometrix Rail Logistics System
- Knowledge of SAP
- A minimum of 2 years of experience within, logistics, transportation, distribution and/or supply chain
- Previous experience with accounting, verification of invoices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of personnel, and other industry participants, both internal and external to Husky
- Anticipates, assesses, and responds effectively to the needs of diverse customers both internal and external, making customer service the priority
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Capable of learning, assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.