Our Calgary based market leading integrated oil company has an immediate need for a Travel and Logistics Coordinator. This would be a one year contract position based in their downtown Calgary head office location.
Position Summary: The Travel and Logistics Coordinator for Charter flights is responsible for the smooth and efficient management of the Charter flights program The individual is the single point of contact for the Air Carrier, Internal, and Contractors for any and all related functions. The coordinator will act as a secondary contact person in regard to Camp related matter and will be responsible to provide coverage when necessary.
- Single point of contact between Air Carrier provider and our client
- Single point of contact for Internal regarding the Flight Program.
- Main point of Contact for security related issues at the FBO terminals and aerodrome.
- Single point of contact for personnel for questions, concerns, and comments regarding the flight program.
- Daily communication with air carrier regarding, daily operations, time delays, air craft availability, weather changes, passenger needs and concerns, security issues, contractual issues.
- Coordinate with Air carrier to ensure compliance to Federal and Provincial Regulatory requirements.
- Consulting with Third party Aviation Safety specialists.
- Forecast and confirm aircrafts and ground transportation.
- After hours support for passengers.
- Daily review of manifests to ensure accuracy of inbound and out bound passengers.
- Quick decision making on passenger issues, such as, last minute additions, federal no fly list, passengers without ID.
- Identify and create reports on cost saving opportunities.
- Coordinates specific Flight Crew requests, such as transportation and accommodation during layovers.
- Analyze and interpret a variety of weather reports, charts, and forecasts for anticipation of delays.
- Liaison with JV Partner to ensure consistent safety requirements and daily creation and distribution of individual bookings as per schedules updated on portal. This includes daily adjustments to reservations, both flights and rooms and communication to passengers on personnel travel changes.
- Safeguard classified/confidential information.
- Anticipate and proactively take action to deal with future events, situations, and opportunities.
Must Have Skills:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Formal Behaviour based training or combination of experience
- Customer Service Training or experience
- 5 Years working in Aviation or Travel Logistics
- 3-5 Experience in oil and Gas or in a plant operation environment
- Experience with Fly In / Fly Out work
- Basic Microsoft Office Knowledge
Nice To Have Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma with minimum 5 years of experience
- Emergency Response Management
- Clear understanding of the Canadian Transportation Act
- Clear understanding of the Federal Air Transportation Act
- Clear understanding of the Canadian Aviation Regulations Act
- Experience with Camp and Flight management software
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.