Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Turnaround Financial Coordinator for a planned turnaround located at one of their camp locations. The selected candidate will be flown in from Edmonton or Calgary by the client. This a twelve month contract position.
The successful candidate will liaise with various corporate and on-site departments to assure the strategic management and allocation of costs to the appropriate AFE structure. The candidate will work hand in hand with the Turnaround Administrator, and planning lead in the execution of their duties. May require that night shifts be worked. Responsibilities are not limited to those listed below.
Work Schedule: 10 on and 4 off, 12 hour days. Shift schedule may change.
• Create and update spreadsheets of daily transactions
• Manage accounts receivable and payable and accruing as required for daily reporting
• Maintain reports on financial metrics in real time
• Keep records of invoices and daily time sheets
• Identify and address account discrepancies
• Report on financial projections
• Work with the Turnaround Management team to develop and report daily progress and projections on Key Performance Indicators
• Lead the tracking and reporting of various financial related action items and initiatives
• Liaise with the Turnaround Administrator for the reconciliation of contractor daily time and force account sheets with contracted rates. Drive LEM’s management with contractors
• Create a budget versus actual report for daily reporting
• Provide regular updates (daily during turnaround) on cost performance and burn rates
• Coordinate with corporate finance and manage both CAPEX and OPEX AFE accruals reporting and forecasts
• Provide budget forecasts, variance justifications and actual vs. budget values
• Manage and update PO’s. Ability to manage and create reports from SAP
• Liaise with contractors for cost tracking purposes
• Close out contractor PO’s in a timely manner post turnaround
Must Have Qualifications:
• Proven work experience as a Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant or similar role
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions)
• Diploma in Accounting
• 5 years’ experience working in cost control
• Time-management and organization skills
• Experience in SAP
• Experience in operations/turnaround finance
Nice to Have Qualifications:
• Knowledge of Spotfire an asset
• BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an operating facility
• Must have good interpersonal skills
• Must be highly competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, follow up and meet deadlines
• Experience with the SAP is a must
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.