Our market leading midstream client has an immediate need for a Turnaround Planner Scheduler to join their team in Fort St. John, BC. This is a contract position and is scheduled to run for 9 months.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated ability to work autonomously and lead a team in planning & scheduling a major multi-facetted project i.e. Turnaround Ability to schedule utilizing Microsoft Project or other relevant scheduling tool
- Demonstrated advocate, mentor and support, to Management and other employees in following Work Management and SAP planning processes
- Obtain and review historical records of previously executed turnaround jobs.
- Use the lessons learned to create new plans that are more cost and time efficient
- Perform field inspections and determine the appropriate job work scopes
- From work requests, maintenance projects and integrity requirements develop the Turnaround / Shutdown scope of a preliminary step listing.
- Create complete work packages for the turnaround / shutdown including equipment data, job step plans, estimates, all required supporting documents, required spare parts, etc.
- Monitor and maintain a continual update of the work requirements and requests, paying special attention to Contracts/Projects being run simultaneously or in conjunction with the current turnaround / shutdown.
- Monitor and point out items which could be potentially problematic with regard to execution and progress
- Develop the planned schedule using MS Project from which progress and completion requirements can be determined
- Manage the provision of printouts of preliminary schedules and reports for turnaround / shutdown management review meetings
- Review work scope change requests prior to their introduction into the proposed schedule, and projects impact upon the turnaround / shutdown plan in conjunction with the Turnaround / Shutdown, Maintenance and Operations Group, determine critical-path items and milestones
- Identify replacement and spare-part requirements for equipment, and prepare the requisitioning documentation.
- Supports the development of budget estimates and provides input into shutdown budget estimate
- Supports monitoring progress of shutdown activities
- Lead the organizing of the approved, multi-sponsored TA work list scope and communicate scope information to all stakeholders 10+ years of experience
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.