We are looking for EDM/Wash Machine Operator who will work at the Parsippany, NJ manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production and wash equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, quality, and productivity.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
• Blowing all holes in buckets and nozzles to clear the residue inside.
• Load and Wash all blown parts in part washer.
• Fill out all BOT related to each part and each work orders.
• Operate previously set-up electrical discharge machines, radial or straight, to shape metal work pieces under direct supervision.
• Perform fabrication of simple electrodes or dress electrodes under supervision.
• Position and secure work pieces on electrical discharge machine table with clamps, vice, or fixture. Perform minor adjustments to set-up of electrode to ensure concentricity, alignment, and depth of electrode to work piece using such measuring instruments as caliper and dial indicators.
• Turn controls to adjust machine settings such as voltage, current, frequency and electrode feed rate according to information on chart and/or knowledge of electrical discharge machining procedures.
• Turn valve to immerse electrode and work piece in dielectric coolant circulating bath.
• Start machine and observe beginning of operation. Move controls to position electrode over work piece.
• Inspect first piece using measuring instruments for conformance to specifications. Maintain measured dimension list. Inspect key dimensions on each piece and record dimensions.
• Check set-up and electrode at the start of each shift.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• Maintain company production and quality standards.
• Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
• Observe company safety rules and regulations.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Ability to work 2nd shift.
• Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to work occasional weekend shifts.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
• Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation.
• Has strong ethical stands and integrity.
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
• Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
• Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
• Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills.
• Able to work with computerized shop floor tools.
• Strong team player and flexible willingness to move to different areas.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are an EDM/Wash Machine Operator, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.