- Shelburne, Ontario
- Full-time, permanent position
- Currently running the M-A-D shift rotation
- $65000/ annual
- $1500 signing bonus and eligible for monthly production target bonus
- Medical/ dental benefits
- Relocation Assistance if needed
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable plastics recycling facility. The employees are passionate about the environment and are considered leaders within the recycling industry. As the new production supervisor, you will be overseeing a crew of 9 employees and will be a hands on supervisor spending 80% of your day on the floor with the employees.
Production Supervisor Duties:
- Lead Production Operators to achieve production goals.
- Train, coach and develop operators.
- Track production results and provide shift reports.
- Supports maintenance team when required to ensure minimal downtime.
- Leads the effective development of team members for department working closely with Plant Manager to ensure consistent process standards.
- Holds daily staff meeting and organizes work force to meet production needs.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety, and quality standards while meeting production performance targets.
- Holds people accountable for their time / attendance, safety, and quality.
- Manages housekeeping within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for annual performance reviews of reports.
Skills and Qualification for Production Supervisor Role:
- Completion of High School with previous supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the recycling industry
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership skills to manage performance and inspire team to achieve results.
- Communication skills both verbally and written.
- Strong operating skills in organizing, planning and time management.
- Ability to manage and measure team members work performance.
- Working knowledge of computers and office automation tools such as Excel.
- Action oriented with a strong ability to resolve issues efficiently.
The Production Supervisor would be a shift resource and therefore assigned to a particular shift. Any applicant must be able to work 12-hour continental rotating shifts, however our current schedule is 8 hours per day 5 days per week (days/afternoons/nights) rotating every two weeks.
- Supervisory/Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Production Supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sarah.email@example.com Or you can text Sarah at 647-838-2522
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.