Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Unix/Linux Admin to support the team.
Duration: 8+ months
Location: Verdun, Montreal, QC
Provide administration of Unix and Linux systems for internal or external clients (In outsourcing mode) as Level 2. Must provide operational support, on a daily basis, to the environments of the various clients as well as to leverage its creativity and his experience in improving the methods in place.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Looking for Linux/Unix expert
- Must have strong experience on scripting
- Openshift would be an asset
- English/French required
- Deal with incidents and change requests effectively
- Participate and improve IT service management processes (AGILE / ITIL)
- Seizes opportunities to automate repetitive tasks
- Includes system performance metrics and reports and maintains system capacity and performance
- Configure systems according to the department's standards and practices. Participate in the development of so-called standards.
- Produces and reviews system documentation under his guidance
- Analyze system vulnerabilities and produce a plan for deployments
- 7/24 support with pager rotation and work outside office hours when required.
- Supports and trains N1s in the resolution of incidents and / or various requests for changes.
Good to have
- Experience with Agile and Lean / Six-Sigma methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of LINUX and UNIX (Solaris an asset)
- Ansible Knowledge, GitLab
- Satellite Knowledge, Openshift
- Knowledge of networking and security concepts
- NetBackup Knowledge
- Knowledge of one or more software among NetBackup, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle and Apache
- Knowledge of SAN environment management
- Knowledge of the principles of security (hardening)
- Knowledge of HP Blade system and Cisco UCS would be an asset
- VMWare knowledge would be an asset
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.