Are you a User Experience Design professional with a passion for creating consumer quality products and crafting seamless, visually appealing user experiences using agile software development? Do you thrive in extremely high pace and high performing environments with 5+ years of experience creating user friendly environments? Then we would love to discuss an opportunity with you for our Midstream client for their office in Calgary, AB.
Our client's teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll bring deep functional expertise in the field of design to conceptualize and frame product designs that can drive distinctive and significant impact for the user, ensuring large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and driving competitive advantage for the client.
- You’ll make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- You’ll lead all upfront design efforts to determine what products the product teams will build – lead product teams through design thinking sessions to land on outputs.
- You’ll oversee the user experience and interface efforts for the team, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality product for end users.
- You’ll build mock-ups and wireframes for both mobile and web pages that the front-end or full stack developer can translate into code.
- You’ll design prototypes that showcase the user flow and interactions.
- You’ll conduct user experience research and testing through media such as A/B testing, interviews, etc.
- You’ll collaborate with Product Owner and end-users to ensure the solution satisfies requirements for each user personas.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You create consumer quality products (including mobile).
- You design clear and creative frames to guide team.
- You are a skilled graphical and visual designer and use a diverse set of software.
- You’re experienced in designing user interfaces that satisfies measures of effectiveness and suitability which includes both 2D and 3D.
- You craft visually capturing user journeys and maps to articulate the problem and solution.
- You are knowledgeable in planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping.
- You understand agile software development.
- You are a strong communicator who articulates and optimizes design based on the value to the user and the business.
- You work effectively in a team setting and easily synthesize abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- You have a strong sense of ownership of solution and are not afraid to speak up to ensure the user angle is heard by the product owner.
- You value an iterative approach to design.
- You are passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- You hold a degree in a related field and preferably 5+ years of experience.
- You’ll work in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.