Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Vendor Strategy Specialist for 10+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Vendor Strategy Specialist, the candidate is responsible in advancing vendor strategies and management within the technology sector.
* Knowledge & Skills
- 15 progressive years within the technology industry related to managing results through extensive knowledge of technology sectors, including adaptations for current and advancing trends. Relationship management experience and expertise combined with a practical approach to developing and recommending governance strategies and best practices for third-party resources management.
- Work independently and collaboratively with ITC selected staff to initiate the overarching philosophy for a leading vendor program for technology-outsourced vendors.
- Research and assessment of leaders in public and private sector organizations who have successfully implement similar endeavors.
- Assessment of maturity level best practices for third-party strategies and management.
- Vendor strategy to include process and governance protocols by taking into consideration: assessment standards (ITIL, COBIT, ISO, etc.), risk, finance, and performance metrics.
- Utilize an overall plan for implementation including timelines, stakeholder engagement, roles and responsibilities defined (RACI, etc.).
- Incorporate internal/ external relationship management practices.
- Utilize a strategic vendor management strategy, including integration throughout ITC’s technical areas and business areas outside ITC.
- Recommend industry best practices and trends for an evolving vendor management practice.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”