Wall Forming Crew Chief
- St. Catharines, Ontario
- Temp-to-Permanent (Working Interview)
- Days starting at 6:30 AM, Overtime after 44 hours per week
- $28.00 to $30.00 per hour
- Stable Work Environment, Hands-On Training
- Paid Weekly, Overtime Available
- Travel Allowance provided if relocating to the area
Are you someone with a strong work ethic and knows how to lead a crew? Are you able to provide clear direction and adapt to what the customer wants?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a full-service construction company that prides themselves on providing strong and reliable products with excellent customer service. They are leaders in concrete construction for single and multi-unit residential construction, offering start to finish services including Footing, Foundation, and Flatwork.
As their new Crew Chief, you will enjoy working outdoors, being hands on, and working alongside your team. You are always committed to working safely and keeping an eye out for your crew too. You lead by example and show the tricks of the trade you’ve picked up along the way.
What you’ll be doing…
- Leading and working along side a crew of 4
- Using Duraform Wall forming system to set and strip wall panels
- Daily labour to prepare sites, complete tasks as assigned and maintain site cleanliness
- Operate power tools and handle materials
- Complete daily tasks using safe work practices
- Working at ground level or at heights, climbing ladders/scaffolding
- 2 to 3 years experience running a crew of wall formers
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction forming processes
- Previous experience working with Duraform Wall Forming system
- Ability to self-motivate and keep up to production timelines.
- Available and flexible to work Monday to Friday and Saturday as required, up to 10 hours per day
- Able to lift up to 80-100lbs with proper lifting techniques
- Solid skills to measure and cut construction materials to length
- Knowledge of construction materials, equipment and safe operation
- Completion of the Working at Heights Training, and able to provide training card
- Reliable transportation to St Catharine’s, Ontario.
- Full G License with clean abstract would be an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.