Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Water Chemical Treatment Technologist in Lloydminster Saskatchewan. This a 12 month contract position.
This position will be responsible for supporting water/chemical treatment and corrosion management for the Lloyd Thermal SAGD facilities in our client’s Heavy Oil and Gas business unit
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide analytical and operational support for Thermal SAGD facilities.
- Review and evaluate existing corrosion mitigation strategies including chemical/water treatment programs.
- Work closely with chemical service providers to take samples, review analytical data and ensure they are held accountable to managing their programs effectively.
- Review and analyze various plant processes to identify water treatment and chemical treatment issues in the produced water, boiler feed water, steam generation and water re-use processes.
- Participate in Management of Change reviews for changes to facility equipment processes or operational practices.
- Diploma or degree in chemistry or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution or a diploma or degree in corrosion science or chemical engineering.
- NACE International Chemical Treatment Specialist, or Internal Corrosion Technologist certification.
- Licensed professional engineer in Alberta or Saskatchewan, or eligibility for registration in either province.
- 5 years of experience working in upstream or downstream oil and gas facilities (Thermal/SAGD experience preferred).
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas industry, their causes and corresponding corrosion management strategies.
- Basic water lab analytical skills (titrations, spectrophotometry, ICP, XRD).
- Experience with and understanding of Thermal/SAGD recovery, including water treatment, once-through steam generation (OTSG) and oil & gas production.
- Familiar with oil & gas facility design, operation and maintenance.
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of desktop computing systems, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with operations personnel.
Nice to Haves
- Other relevant NACE or industry certification.
- 5 years of experience in water treatment or corrosion mitigation through chemical treatment.
- 5 years of experience performing corrosion evaluations and failure analysis for oil and gas facility equipment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement.
- Strong communication.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.