Our Public-Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Web Accessibility Specialist for a 12-month contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Web Accessibility Specialist, responsible for making accessibility improvements to legacy and new web applications and related digital content within large organizations.
- 3+ years' demonstrated, hands-on experience using front-end development technologies (HTML5, CCS3, JQuery, Bootstrap, Angular) to build mobile responsive web applications using agile methods that conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A and Level AA including understanding technology limitations and constraints
- 3+ years' demonstrated, hands-on experience conducting web accessibility testing against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A and Level AA success criteria using assistive technologies and testing tools (NVDA, VoiceOver, JAWS, WebAIM Wave, Nu HTML, Colour Contrast Analyzers, aChecker, Tenon, WorldSpace)
- 3+ years' demonstrated, hands-on experience leveraging inclusive design techniques to identify and remove barriers by design to ensure a positive user experience for all users
- 2+ years' demonstrated, hands-on experience working with people with a diverse range of abilities Technical Abilities:
- IAAP Certified Professional in Web Accessibility (CPWA) or equivalent credentials is an asset
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills to all levels of staff
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of disabilities including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning, and neurological disabilities
- Excellent ability to coach, mentor, and train business and technical teams on digital accessibility processes, best practices, and tools
- Proficiency with Windows 10, Mobile OS (iOS, Android), MS Office 2013+ applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), SDLC Tools (JIRA, GitHub, MS TFS, HPE ALM), Accessibility Testing Tools, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”