The Gig Economy. The Fourth Industrial Revolution. Artificial Intelligence. Machine Learning. There’s no doubt that the world of work is changing. And big change inspires important questions. At Ian Martin, we believe every question is valid in the search for meaningful work. This blog post series answers the questions we’re hearing from candidates as they chart their courses in the new world of work.
What support is available to me as an Ian Martin contract employee or independent freelancer supporting an Ian Martin client?
The Directional Assistance:
At Ian Martin, it’s important to us that all of our team, whether they are Ian Martin contract employees or providing their services to companies through Ian Martin as independent contractors, feel supported in the work they do. Since they typically work on location at our client companies, we provide a virtual human resources support service that workers can easily access should questions or concerns arise about their assignment.
Our Contractor Success Team is a group of experienced human resources professionals who work directly with our contractors to ensure they hit the ground running when they start a new contract and get timely support to address any questions or concerns throughout the duration of their assignment. You will be able to reach out to a Contractor Success Representative at any time by phone, email, or text to get answers to questions and guidance on things like pay, invoicing, and expenses. Your Contractor Success Representative will also periodically reach out to you to ensure everything is going smoothly for you in your assignment.
Here is some direct feedback we’ve received from our contract employees and independent contractors when we asked them to characterize the support they’ve received from our Contractor Success Team.
- “Excellent, attentive and professional service.”
- “Rabib & Marisse are terrific representatives of your company! I have had nothing but positive experiences with both of them thus far … they should be commended on all that they do for us.”
- “…I would not just rate them “Good, I’m satisfied” but rather “Outstanding, I’m very satisfied and grateful.”
- “Everyone I came into contact with at Ian Martin is awesome … The words professionalism and trustworthy would summarize it all. Thanks guys!”
- “I’m really enjoying working with Meaghan. She’s been really prompt replying to my requests and questions.”
- “Connor is professional and easy to work with. He made the onboarding process seamless and organized. I am very pleased with the service I received.”
Read the other blog posts in our Contract Work Compass series to get answers to questions that we often hear from our candidates:
- What’s the difference between a contract position and a direct hire position?
- What factors should I consider when deciding between a contract and direct hire (permanent) position?
- As an Ian Martin contract employee, is the way I get paid for my work different than if I was working in a salaried position?
- If I would rather not be a contract employee; do I have the option of offering my skills through my own company on a freelance basis through Ian Martin?
- Ian Martin Meaningful Work Foundation Announces 2020 Grant Recipients - May 11, 2020
- 2019 Ian Martin Meaningful Volunteer Program Highlights - February 6, 2020
- Ian Martin Meaningful Work Foundation Announces 2019 Grant Recipients - July 18, 2019