Are you ready to learn a skilled trade and begin your career in a fast growing and lucrative industry?
Look no further. GTel is hiring and training new Leak Survey Technicians to complete jobs in and around the city. The GTel family includes multiple growing companies providing electrical distribution infrastructure, energy and power generation services.
Leak Survey Technicians are the unsung heroes of the construction industry. So, what do they do? Gas lines play a major role on many construction sites, and ensuring that they are safe and functional is a major concern. Leak detection technicians examine buried gas lines for leaks and help determine root causes.
In this role, you will:
- Use state of the art equipment (including infra-red and flame ionization) to detect and report buried gas leaks
- Walk across sites to examine entire gas systems, and determine origin, severity, and scope of leaks
- Prepare reports and documentation that tracks the work of you and your team
This is a great job for people who love working solo outdoors, representing their company to the public, and using their heads to investigate and solve problems. Being a Leak Survey Technician sets you up for terrific career opportunities long-term – you’ll participate in a 3-4 week training program which includes theory, job shadowing, and a practical. This will help you learn the skills of a fast-growing industry; once you’ve proven yourself capable in this role, there are many places to go within our company.
- Full-time permanent position. Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm
- Competitive hourly rate ($17.32 per hour or more based on previous experience) with opportunities for performance review and potential increases every 6 months
- Benefits, and defined contribution pension plan
- Company cell phone provided
- Opportunity to work independently outdoors