Are you ready to learn a skilled trade and begin your career in a fast growing and lucrative industry?
Look no further. GTel is hiring and training new Damage Prevention Technicians to complete utility locates in and around the city. The GTel family includes multiple growing companies providing electrical distribution infrastructure, energy and power generation services.
Damage Prevention Technicians are the unsung heroes of the construction industry. So, what do they do? With any new excavation, there’s always the risk of hitting gas lines, water lines and electrical cables. Underground utility line locators prevent significant damage and even danger by making sure that doesn’t happen.
If you’ve ever seen a thin metal rod sticking up from someone’s lawn — usually topped with a brightly colored pennant – that’s where a damage prevention technician or utility locator has found and marked the path of underground utility lines through neighborhoods.
This is a great job for people who love working solo outdoors, representing their company to the public, and using their heads to investigate and solve problems.
- Full-time permanent position, day shift with some flexibility in hours
- Frequent opportunities for overtime available, with evening and weekend work as needed
- Competitive hourly rate with opportunities for performance review and potential increases every 6 months
- Benefits, and defined contribution pension plan
- Company vehicle, cell phone, and laptop provided
- Opportunity to work independently outdoors